Discover Selkirk Construction
Contact us today to start creating your dream home in Hayden, ID!
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of contractor is Selkirk Construction?
What is the difference between a regular home and a custom home?
Where will Selkirk Construction build?
Can you help me find a lot or land to build on?
Can you build on land I own or do I have to pick land/subdivisions you own?
Do I need to pick one of your plans or can I have one designed?
Can you build a plan from another builder?
How much do you charge per square foot?
I live out of town/state. Will this be a problem?
Can you build in the winter? Does this give me an inferior product?
I want to hire my own subcontractor/ family member/friend to perform work on the job. Is this allowed?
All of the work performed by our team is covered under warranty and follows our strict quality control guidelines.
Are there any minimum fees for a change order? What are the fees associated with change orders?
Can I visit the job site while my home is being built?
How much supervision will my house have during construction?
Do you do commercial work?
Why choose Selkirk Construction?
We have never built a custom home. Are we in over our heads?
Do you have land for sale to choose from?
I own my own lot, but I do not know where to start.
Can I bring my own plans?
How long does it take to build a custom home?
How does financing work?
There are many options when it comes to the financing of a new custom home. Some of these options are listed below:
- Owner financing: This is a great option if you have the funds available to build your home out of pocket or if you own your land.
- Builder financing: We are one of the few builders that offer a builder finance option. This takes the burden off of you and makes the closing process easy.
- Bank financing: We work with local and national banks to get you approved for your dream home. We can also work with a bank of your choice!
- Creative financing: This can be a combination of the above financing options.
Contact us today, and we can discuss your options in further detail.
When is the best time of the year to start building?
Can I provide my own materials, appliances or services?
How do change orders work?
What do I get to pick during the construction process?
What inspections do your homes have?
Some of these inspections include:
- Set backs
- Drainage systems
- Foundation footings/Rebar
- Foundation stem walls/Rebar
- Concrete slab/Rebar
- Shear panels/Engineered panels
- Framing trusses
- Framing structural
- Framing level
- Floor squeak
- Roof and flashing
- Air seal/efficiency
- Plumbing rough
- HVAC rough
- Electrical rough
- Water main
- Sewer main
- Drywall screwing
- Drywall finish
- Plumbing finish
- HVAC finish
- Electrical finish